Many types of plants and flowers can be poisonous to your dog. Effects range from mild to severe depending on the type of plant and the quantity consumed. Some plants will only cause slight stomach upset, while others can cause seizures, coma or even death. Learn about the plants in your yard and neighborhood that are dangerous and be sure your dog does not have access to them.
If you suspect that your dog has been poisoned you should take it to a vet immediately! Don’t hesitate. It’s better with one vet bill too many than a dog that might end up dead from eating one of the plants. The plants identified on the left are only a sample of what can be found in and around your house, and neighborhood.